General & Artistic Director
As General & Artistic Director(m/f), you are responsible for the strategic direction of the institution, assisted by the Financial Director, under the guidance of the Board of Directors. You are entrusted with the day-to-day management and the implementation of decisions taken by the Board of Directors.
Your Job Description
- You conceive the programme of the performances;
- You participate in the meetings of the board of directors in an advisory capacity;
- You are appointed by Royal Decision for a period of six years, based on the motivated advice of the Board of Directors.
As for your cultural knowledge:
- You are able to draw up an artistic vision and strategic positioning for the Koninklijke Muntschouwburg, based on its assignments of lyrical performances, contemporary creation and dance performances;
- You have the reputation, professional network and experience to ensure the position of la Monnaie/de Munt in the European opera world;
- You continue the development of cultural partnerships to guarantee the excellence of the various productions and projects.
As for your responsibilities as an administrator:
- You set up a management committee, direct the teams from the different departments and get them to work together in a spirit that guarantees harmonious and socially responsible management;
- You closely monitor the budgetary balance of the programming as a counterweight to the artistic management autonomy entrusted to you;
- You introduce innovative technologies to ensure effective management;
- You ensure loyal Patronage, essential to realize a high-quality program
- You can present relevant cultural experience with regard to the assignments of the Koninklijke Muntschouwburg / Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie;
- You have held a responsible position in an institution for lyrical arts;
- You are able to lead a high-level team in the field of opera production;
- You can function in a bilingual Dutch-French environment in the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, and, internationally, where English is an asset.
Please send by registered post your comprehensive CV together with a note comprising a maximum of five pages (and optional annexes) by 15 February 2023, providing details of your motivation and your artistic and managerial plans to the Federal Public Service of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, addressed to the attention of Mr Thomas Van Achter, rue de la Loi 16, 1000 Brussels, and by E-mail to email@example.com.
Your note must be in line with the mission entrusted by the act of 19 April 1963 creating a public institution known as the Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie/Koninklijke Muntschouwburg and with the management contract.
For more detailed information, please see the decree 2022206591 on:
See also our management contract
La Monnaie places great importance in the protection of the privacy of its employees and applicants for the various posts advertised. For more information, read our HR confidentiality statement here