Register here for the auditions for our Choral Academy (April 18 and 20, 2023)
The audition lasts about 15 minutes and takes place in front of a professional jury with members from different departments of La Monnaie.
Last day of registration: 4.4.2023
WHO CAN TAKE PART IN THE AUDITIONS?
Any student whose main subject is singing (whether studying for a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree) at one of the following institutions:
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel
- Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Antwerpen
- Institut Supérieur de Musique et de Pédagogie Namur
- School of Arts of HoGent
- Conservatoire Royal de Liège
- LUCA School of Arts, campus Lemmens Leuven
- Conservatoire Royal de Mons
- Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg
For each application, La Monnaie will seek the approval of the singing teacher of the student in question before accepting the application.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO PREPARE FOR THIS AUDITION?
- 1 aria or song of your choice
- A vocalise that can show the full range of your voice to the jury (warm-up exercise that can be repeated both in the high and low parts).
- The imposed choral work (Vieni a' regni del riposo from Gluck's Orfeo et Euridice) is a very important part of this audition. Please download it here and prepare it very thoroughly in the correct style and according to all musical annotations.
- A simple sight-reading so we can determine your level of solfège
We guarantee that you will be able to perform your full programme and that a few weeks after the audition you will receive, together with the result, an honest written feedback.