Mozart Da Ponte
This season La Monnaie is combining Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s and librettist Lorenzo Da Ponte’s three Italian greats in a colossal Trilogia. The Clarac-Deloeil>le lab artistic team will present Le nozze di Figaro, Così fan tutte and Don Giovanni as three episodes in one and the same story – one large, contemporary comédie humaine in three parts.
If you would like to find out more about the world’s most famous composer, his fetish librettist and the large-scale production which promises to be one of the highlights of the season, then be sure to sign up for our special theme day! Head for La Monnaie on Sunday February 9th 2020 for a packed day of talks, presentations and music.
- 11:00 - 11:15: Introduction by Peter de Caluwe (FR/NL)
- 11:15 - 12:30: Conference talk with Clarac-Deloeuil > le lab and the sociologist Eva Illouz, whose work inspired the staging concept (FR)
- 12:45 - 13:30: Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30: Trilogia-themed guided tour (FR/NL)
- 14:30 - 15:30: Meet and greet with two members of the production staff who worked closely on the creation (NL)
- 15:30 - 16:30: Closing concert with music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Sun 09 Feb 2020