Would you like to take your club or organisation on an original outing?
EMBARK ON A JOURNEY THROUGH OUR OPERA HOUSE
Hidden behind the sober neoclassical façade, lies a marvellous universe. An intriguing maze of marvellous hallways, corridors and hidden corners where each brick holds over three centuries of operatic history. A guided tour of La Monnaie immerses you and your companions in this extraordinary world.
Taking into account the wants and needs of each group, our experienced guides will take you through the Entrance Hall to the Grand Staircase, the Grand Foyer, the Main Auditorium, the Royal Box, and the Royal Salon. Participants will learn about the history and architecture of the opera house, through the major stories and the small anecdotes. One of the highlights is a visit to our Museum space, where a unique model of an Italian-style baroque opera house and parts of our old machinery open up a window to the past. Visitors also get to have a look at what is going behind the scenes of one of the most innovative opera houses in Europe today, and will experience how an opera production takes shape – from the initial idea to opening night.
Please note that the guided tours depend on the planning of our theatre, which is susceptible to change. We can therefore not always guarantee access to the Main Auditorium.
Guided tours, by appointment:
- From September to June inclusive (except for public holidays)
- Languages: in English / Dutch / French
- Lasts: 90 minutes
- Price: €15 / €7,5 (under 30 years of age, ICOM card) / Free for season ticket holders, MM Friends, Patrons & Maecenas
- Minimum to be paid is for 16 participants.
- Maximum number of 25 participants per guide
- Assembly point: 23, rue Léopold (entrance hall of the La Monnaie Workshops)
- Companies: we will be happy to come up with a tailor-made approach: please contact our Corporate service at firstname.lastname@example.org