Kiosk Radio, made at La Monnaie
This season, La Monnaie takes over the airwaves at Kiosk Radio with curated playlists that reflect our opera programme.
Kiosk Radio is an online community radio that broadcasts a variety of music from the wooden kiosk in the Parc Royal in the heart of Brussels.
To usher in this new collaboration, La Monnaie will curate two-hour playlists with works that reflect the opera currently on show. For this first playlist, called 'Chance Music', all numbers contain an element of coincidence, unpredictability and choice, in line with the theme of gambling and game of chance at the core of Tchaikovsky's Queen of Spades.
- Philip Glass - Violin Concerto No. 2 - The American Four Seasons - Song No. 1
- Johann Sebastian Bach - The Art of Fugue, BWV 1080 - Version for String Quartet - Contrapunctus I
- Rolf Borch - Par Iv, II Paysage
- Earle Brown - Available Forms I
- Karlheinz Stockhausen, Plus Minus, Page VI (Realized by Ming Tsao)
- Morton Feldman - Atlantis
- Roman Haubenstock-Ramati - Interpolation [Version 1]
- Kaija Saariaho - Six Japanese Gardens - I. Tenju-an Garden of Nanzen-ji Temple
- Charles Ives - The Unanswered Question
- Howard Shore - The Doors of Durin
- Kaija Saariaho - Six Japanese Gardens - VI. Stone Bridges
- Camille Saint-Saens - Oboe Sonata in D major, Op. 166
- Burton Beerman - Dayscapes, II. Farmer's Dance
- Charles Ives - String Quartet No.2, 2. Arguments
- Marilyn Shrude - Evolution V III
- Witold Lutosławski - Paroles Tissées, Second Tapestry
- Henry Cowell and Percy Grainger - Random Round
- John Cage - Variations I